Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Hubby


Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long since my last post I just haven't been in the blogging mood. I'm not really in the mood to blog right now either but I will do it because I love you all. Not that my blogging is some great service to the world but you know what I mean.

I just wanted to tell you all about my amazing husband and how he won my heart. This is a long story but its cute and worth sticking around for.

Ok, so Jason and I met at church. He was sitting alone in the back of the church and I went up to him and asked if he would like to go to our youth group sometime. He said "No, I would rather be taught the Word." From all the experiences Jason had with church youth groups they just played around and never got into the Bible. Anyway, I didn't really give it much thought and just moved on.

After a few months Jason and I became friends. There was a group of about 10 of us that hung out all the time. We went to movies together, the park, Wal-Mart, T-Peeing (you know who you are and we still love you all very much)! Anyway, Jason and I were always just friends until.... He decided to ask me out on a date! He invited me to go to Red Lobster with him and another couple, I said, "Of course." Then it was almost time to leave and I got scared so I called him to cancel. I did this to him a total of three times, maybe four I'm not sure. Poor guy he was so sweet about it he just backed off and we were just friends.

I was doing a Bible study with a friend from church and noticed a Mothers Day gift that her husband and kids made for her. It had a few pictures on it and there was a verse from Proverbs 31. I think it said "your children shall rise up and call you blessed." I thought and prayed to myself, "Lord, it would be so cool to marry someone like that someone who would take the time to make a gift like that for me. " And that was it, I didn't really think about it much after that.

A few months later Jason gave me a Christmas gift and told me not to open it until I got home. So I waited until I got to my uncles house (it wasn't too far from my house :) ) and I opened it. Jason drew me a picture and on the back it had Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies." I started to cry and I told my family, "He would make the best husband, I just don't like him." Then I turned it over and he had drawn a picture of a woman looking down and the scripture on the front was Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceitful and beauty fades away but a woman who honors God she shall be praised." It was such a beautiful picture, my husband among many other talents is a great artist.


It was such a sweet gift and I loved it! A few weeks after he gave it to me I started to think about what I had prayed before about wanting a husband who would take the time to make a beautiful gift with Scripture on it for me. I started to pray and ask the Lord if it was His will that I married Jason would He please change my heart because I wasn't attracted to him and I didn't like him like that.

We became best friends not long after that and we did everything together. I even helped him move. And it was while helping him move that for the first time I looked at him and thought, "Wow, he is cute!"

With in a few months I was completely attracted to him and really started to like him more than just a friend. So we started dating in May of 2004 then got engaged July of 2004

and were married in March of 2005.

Jason is the love of my life and I am so blessed to be able to call myself his wife.

Oh and we are coming out in a wedding book soon, it's called Spectacular Weddings of Texas written by Jolie Carpenter with photography from our wedding by Margaret Lake. It has pictures from our wedding and tells the story of how we met and feel in love. Which I just told all of you. Oh great no surprise ending.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome wedding pic - beautiful!

Thanks for the story... I've been trying to impress on my Sunday School girls what really 'matters' in a man --- glad you found it :)

Cathy

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed that God led you to each other.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! i so remember all of that happening! yay!

Melissa said...

VERY sweet story....I love to hear how couples meet...how God brings people together!!
How lucky that you found such a wonderful man to call your husband!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

wow Vanessa, God had really blessed you. Jason sounds like an amazing husband! You deserve it! How neat that your wedding pictures will be in that book. They are beautiful :]

Unknown said...

Hi Vanessa,
Reading your blog over the past few months has been such a huge blessing.
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful story of how the Lord brought you two together, I'd love to hear your story from Jason's side!
Praying for you and your family loads,
Ciara from Cork, Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,

My granddaughters and I are reading your blog together and that is such a sweet story just the way God designed it to be between a man and a woman, pure and holy.

We have been praying for you also. Don't know if you remember me from CC Fort Worth (Haltom City).... I am in San Diego now.

Hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving.

Lu

Anonymous said...

Dear Delgado's,

Hello, my name is Chelsea and I just want to praise the Lord for what He has done in your lives and in mine. I came upon your blog via fishwithtrish a few months ago, when you first found out that your pregnancy was blessed with twins.

Every so often the Lord would put it on my heart to check up on you guys thru this blog. Each time He would bless me. By the way you would react and deal with certain situations that the Lord placed in your path...it was huge! It was beautiful! It was appreciated...

This particular blog about how the Lord gave you, Vanessa to your husband was just another testimony. Right now in my life the Lord is definately showing me things and teaching me and cleaning things out of me and your testimony was just an added blessing.

The Lord is just so amazing and I praise Him for showing me a different face of His every day, endlessly!

All to the Glory of God alone,

Chelsea

Margaret said...

Vanessa, you are so funny - I can't believe you didn't think Jason was cute the first time you saw him! LOL! Great story...

Mountain Mama said...

Awesome! Always fun to hear how God brings people together and sometimes has to change our hearts in order to do so.

You are a beautiful couple and very blessed.

Thanks for sharing your story.
ashley

ps I was asked to pray for you from another bloggy friend on the day you delivered your sweet twins. It has been a blessing to pray for you and follow your journey.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa - I so remember you at the house when you opened his gift at Christmas and I remember how much it touched your heart at that very moment! Jason has to be an amazing man to have won YOUR heart! :) I love you all - Aunt Jackie

Verna said...

Looking at the blessings in your life... you are on the right track. Still praying for you all.

Hilary said...

What an absolutely beautiful love story!
God is so good.

Hilary

Amy said...

Vanessa, you are absolutely gorgeous! And that story is so sweet you could pour it on some pancakes!!

KJA said...

I can relate to your love story. I wasn't attracted to my husband either when I first met him. God really had to work on me. Now I love him more than ever.
Thanks for sharing.

Kara